Skilled Migration Visas – 189, 190
Skilled visas are aimed towards professionals with skills that are in demand in Australia. There are two types of skilled visa subclasses:
General Skill Migration – (GSM)
This subclass suits people with qualifications that are in demand in Australia and there is no requirement for a sponsoring employer. In order to qualify for this subclass, candidates must:
- be between 18-49 years of age at the time of application
- have functional English (usually an IELTS score of 6 or higher
- have skills or qualifications that appear in the SOL
- obtain a skills assessment by a relevant authority
- meet the minimum points test score
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme – (RSMS)
This is a subclass for skilled individuals that are prepared to work in regional Australia. Candidates must:
- be under the age of 50 years
- meet the English language criteria
- be nominated by an employer to work in Regional Australia
Temporary Work Skilled Visa (457)
This is a 3 stage process for individuals that are sponsored by an employer/business. This is a 3 stage process that can eventually lead to permanent residency.
The employer/business applies to become eligible sponsors.
Once the employer/business becomes an approved sponsor, then it is in a position to nominate an applicant to sponsor.
Once the prospective applicant is nominated by the employer/business and all criteria have been met, the applicant will be in a position to lodge a valid application.